Tuesday, May 17, 2011


Ok, so I feel like everyone has a blog and I'm totally out of the loop...so I thought I'd give it a try. I figure it will only be family and friends looking at it anyway, it's not like I'm trying to win a pulitzer for my writing abilities, still it's a little intimidating.


I think the reason I haven't done it yet is because my life is pretty much the same everyday. Every now and then we go to the movies or take a trip somewhere (Utah or Alpine) or maybe even go to the zoo and I feel to the average person these outings are not blog worthy. So, I'm going at this as if it's for my children. I will post the mundane things we do and the funny and not so funny things they do and hopefully, one day, they will be able to to read it and enjoy all the effort I put into this :)


So, day 1: My sister, Susie, just left yesterday from visiting us for a few days. Gracie fell apart when we got home from the airport and she realized she had missed it all by taking a nap in the car. I tried to wake her up, but she wouldn't budge. Poor little thing. Gracie is also recovering from her first black eye! She got it from hitting her face against her friend, Coopers, head. It's pretty pitiful looking.


A little about Gracie, she is almost 4 (june 23rd) she will talk your ear off from the moment she wakes up until the very moment she falls asleep. She's fun, almost always happy and very silly. She loves it when people laugh with her but not at her. She can play any game on the IPOD better than me. She loves to read and watch movies and can quote every movie we have. She love to put on lips (chapstick) and would live in a dress if I'd let her. She's a wonderful big sister and is always talking baby talk to her baby Crew. (And making sure everyone, including the store clerk at Target calls him Baby Crew) She is very kind to him and is always there to play with him or help him stop crying. The only issue we have with her is she takes his toys away. We're working on that. Gracie has the most beautiful hair! So beautiful, in fact, since she was about 1 we've never been able to get in and out of a store or building, for that matter, without someone saying something about her hair. She's a joy to me everyday and I can't wait to see her happy face every morning.


Baby Crew: He just turned 1 in February. He's the reason Heath hasn't been to class at church for the past 3 months. He started walking at about 13 months and he's been running and jumping ever since! He's a boy through and through. I wondered when I was expecting him if he would be as active outside as he was inside and he's worse! He came out running at 9 lbs 3 oz. He's my boy and he loves pushing trucks and cars around and making the sounds. He carries his animal book, that's as big as he is around everywhere he goes! The one "girly" thing he has is his very favorite toy, much to his papa's dismay, a pink purse that he puts on his shoulder and walks around with! It's the cutest thing ever and it's even cuter when his papa tries to take it away and he screams bloody murder and holds onto it with his gorilla grip! Papa has to let him have it after that. Poor baby Crew! He loves to sit on his sister everytime she lays on the ground and he hates the gate we recently put up to keep him out of the kitchen and out of the garbage! (my new favorite thing) He's happy and fun and also has beautiful hair- lucky for him he was born with it (Gracie didn't get hers til about 1) He came with a full head of hair, never lost any and it's just grown and grown since then. He's 15 months now and has 3 haircuts and is due for another. He does get called a girl every so often but.... I just can't! He's such a fun little guy and I love seeing his smiling face every morning!















No comments:

Post a Comment